Friday, May 22, 2009

New River Rendezvous - tug of war and more

Freddie and I made the LOOONG drive down to the New River Rendezvous in Fayetteville West Virginia last weekend.

Being an Ohio girl, I have many fond memories of white water rafting there with my family, and, years later, of hot summers learning to climb on that world famous sandstone.



The highlight of this most recent visit, however, was a a whole new sport: tug of war.

The fabulous folks at Waterstone Outdoors put together two you tube videos chock full of the Pros vs Joes competition:



I really think it is perfect sport for me - all it requires is a bit of competitive spirit (I have never had a problem with that one) and some grit.

The coolest part was that the team we were up against in the finals gave us a big mason jar of peach moonshine afterward.

Many thanks to Maura, Gene, Kenny and the whole crew for putting together a fabulous, fun, very green Rendezvous!

1 comment:

Lydia McD. said...

That was hysterical! Got there right after it finished, so it was great to be able to actually see it.